Home education in Victoria is covered under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 which requires home educators to register with the VRQA and comply with regulations detailed in the Education Regulations 2007 (which cover many areas including home education.)
All regulations expire 10 years after their commencement and the Education Regulations 2007 expire in June 2017.
New regulations will take their place.
The Education Department are now taking submissions on the current regulations with details on how to make a submission here.
This public consultation process opens today and will close 5pm 17 June.
What should you do?
- Firstly, make sure you are familiar with the current Regulations pertaining to home education
- Note that the review covers the Regulations, not the Education Act itself.
- You are not obliged to make a submission.
- If you wish to make a submission, remember you are giving feedback on the current regulations, no information is available about any changes the department is considering.
- Your submission needs to state that it relates to the home education regulations.
- Please give careful consideration to your submission. There is no rush.
- Make sure your submission is well expressed and proofread.
HEN has requested home educators be consulted on the development of the new regulations (i.e. the next stage)
HEN’s draft submission has been circulated to members for feedback.
photo credit: http://www.picserver.org/
Last updated on