Date(s) - 19/12/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Banyule-Nillumbik Tech School
Inquiries – War on waste
In this inquiry we tackle the large & complex global issue of waste. With
automation & modern farming there is a greater variety & abundance
of food available to the consumer. However our throwaway culture has
created a rubbish problem that now pollutes every corner of the world.
In this inquiry, we will observe & interact with a range of people in order
to understand diverse experiences & motivations to gain a deeper
personal understanding of the issues, needs & challenges involved in
food & food packaging waste. Through their insights participants will
develop a real world solution to take action on this issue.
Duration: 3 days (consecutive)
Dates: Mon 17th, Tue 18th, Wed 19th December
10am – 4pm
Cost : FREE
• To develop a lived understanding of an innovation process.
• To create an empathic understanding of the problem of ‘waste’
locally & globally.
• To develop prototypes of a unique solution.
• To utilise a range of software and speciality equipment.
• Minimum five prototypes: Storyboard visualisation, 2D sketch,
Cardboard design, 3D Digital Design & Presentation.
• Computer aided manufacturing & Physical product, with the option
to scale up.
• Inspiration gallery design.
Inquiry programs are designed with young people to engage in different
concepts or challenges facing our local & global communities.
Typically this inquiry focus will evolve every 6 months.
For more information and to put your child on the expression of interest list, please email Miriam Mollema with your childs name, age and suburb also which program you’d be interested in participating in. I can’t guarantee you a space, and priority will be given to locals, but it seems like there will likely be opportunities going forwards into the future.
Those participating will need to follow the HEN guidelines.