The Regulations Roadshow explained the new requirements and a video and transcript of the inner city session is now available here
In brief, the new requirements are:
- Are only required with new registrations.
- Briefly describe how you intend to broadly address the 8 KLAs for the first 12 months of registration.
- 2 templates available below but these are optional – you can write a plan in your own format as long as it covers off the detail on p7 of FAQs.
- You can apply for an exemption from one or more learning areas
- No medical evidence required
- 10% of families will be reviewed per year. The review involves one child’s registration
- You’ll be notified of the review early in the year (Feb March) and approximately when your review will take place.
- You’ll be contacted closer to the review with a firmer timeline.
- A review involves you articulating or demonstrating that your child is receiving an education that broadly addresses the 8 KLAs. You can choose how to do that.
- The review is NOT against the Vic Curriculum or year levels.
- In a review you will be asked to demonstrate that your child is receiving an education that substantially addresses the 8KLAs, there is no mandated way to do that – it could be by a phone chat/interview if you wish or by submitting work samples/journal/spreadsheet etc.
VHEAC have developed Sample Learning Plans for various circumstances. These will be posted shortly, possibly with some commentary by the VRQA .
Slides notes from the VHEAC presentation are below and detail the options open to you when your child’s registration is under review.
Last updated on