Explore Aboriginal culture and gain a deeper understanding of the Eastern Kulin Nation.
Children will learn how to show respect for Traditional Owners and the continuing connection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to Country by participating in an Acknowledgement of Country and share in the reading of You and Me, Murrawee; a beautifully observed story of what life would have been like 200 years ago, told through the eyes of a young girl camping by the river with her family.
– Discover how plants can be used as resources
– Explore Indigenous resource plants and tools
– Pond for aquatic invertebrates
– Make animal tracks
– Aboriginal histories, cultures and connection to the land
– Plants as food, medicine, tools and shelter
– Storytelling and outdoor literacy
*Program suitable for children aged 3 – 7 years.
*Siblings are welcome to attend at no charge, but may only observe.
Monday 24th April
Last updated on