The Home Education Network supports home educating families by facilitating networking, by organising group activities and home-ed camps, by providing up to date information on regulatory matters and by negotiating discounts. Home Education Network also maintains this web site; runs a phone support service for members and the wider home education community. We also publish Otherways Magazine which contains the latest news, research, workshops and events, networking and support group information, letters from families and articles on every aspect of home education from Australia and around the world. We cover all topics in the effort to inspire, inform and encourage.
The Home Education Network is your home education community, all HEN activities are organised and run by volunteers.
- Membership Card (print your own from our member area)
- Access to HEN’s public liability insurance
- Subscription to our email notices for news of camps, classes and events
- Advertise home education events you are organising in Otherways and/or by email notification to members
- Access to the HEN community
- Access to Australian Mathematics Competition & Australian Informatics Competition with HEN as your ‘school’. These competitions do not accept individual entries.
- Support HEN’s voice in advocating for home educators
- Pathways advice for courses and careers
- Member discounts – see the discount tab on our resources page
In Joining HEN, you agree to abide by our Rules of Incorporation
Receive the Otherways magazine four times a year by mail and access to all our digital back issues.
Receive the Otherways magazine four times a year by electronic delivery and access to all our digital back issues.