The Victorian Home Education Advisory Committee is providing guidance, information and feedback to DET and the VRQA on the operation of the new Regulations. This advice will be used by DET and the VRQA to inform the development and implementation of the home education guidelines, support materials and templates plus other non-regulatory matters as they arise.
The following home education representatives were elected to VHEAC by the home education community:
- Natalie (Gnat) Atherden: Gnat@home-ed.vic.edu.au
- Mark Bachmann
- Ben Clark ben6clark (at) gmail (dot) com 0407 095 230
- Faye firstname.lastname@example.org
- Litsa Grace email@example.com
- Pavlina McMaster firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Wight email@example.com 54395134
Your VHEAC reps will strive to represent the whole home education community as things move forward.
VHEAC also includes:
- Home education academic, Dr Glenda Jackson
- Disability advocate, Di McArthy from the Association for Children with a Disability
And, as well as representatives from DET and VRQA, there is a VHEAC secretariat within DET which can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
VHEAC Communiques will be posted below.
A VRQA/VHEAC Roadshow is underway explaining the expectations of Learning Plans and Reviews and will be worked in with local group meets wherever possible.
A video of the online session is available – session starts at the 10:44 mark
Photo attribution: Nick Youngson – link to – http://nyphotographic.com/